High School Announcements
Spring Journey Dates
Mark your calendars! The high school (grades 9, 10, and 11) spring journey to Salt Lake City is scheduled to run from May 29th through June 1st. Watch for programmatic details soon.
International Baccalaureate Final Exams Begin
The final exam period for the Diploma Program will be from May 2 – May 22. Exams from the final exam period are sent to examiners for marking immediately after completion. Final student results for the two-year program are released in July.
Congratulations to Class of 2012 Scholarship Winners!
Each year the generous community of Jackson Hole offers numerous college scholarships from various organizations, foundations and community groups. These scholarships are offered to students who are graduating from Teton County high schools. Last week, in front of a huge and supportive crowd at Jackson Hole High School, Journeys School students received the following awards:
• Marilyn Garcia: $1,000 Bank of Jackson Hole Art Scholarship
• Tessa Landale: $500 Eileen Hunter Scholarship
• Cassie Morales: $1000 Hawtin Jorgenson Architects Scholarship
• Francesca Weikert: $2,250 Amy Ringholz Education in Art Scholarship
• Hannah Wells: $1,500 Rotary Foundation of Jackson Hole General Scholarship
Tuesday, May 1st at 2:00 pm all high school students will travel to Jackson Hole High School for a drunk driving awareness program. Local fire and rescue departments will assist with this program, which includes a simulated drunk driving accident on the campus of the high school using high school students as actors. SLAM (Simulated Live Action Melodrama) is designed to raise awareness just before prom about the dangers of drinking and driving. (Sports participants will be able to stay at Jackson Hole High School after the simulation is over.)
Earth Day Stewardship Photo Album
In honor of Earth Day, students from fifth through twelfth grade engaged in a variety of service projects. Please click here to see a small sampling of pictures from the service projects that included:
• Planting native grass, shrub, and wildflower seeds in impacted areas to promote wildlife habitat, enhance beauty, and reduce spread of invasive species at Journeys School and the Conservation Research Center
• Planting willows along impacted areas of Cache Creek to promote habitat and reduce bank erosion
• Mulching trails at the Conservation Research Center to reduce spread of weeds and prevent creation of unnecessary trails while promoting visitor enjoyment
• Removing barbed wire fence from the burn area at the Jackson Campus to prevent wildlife entanglement
• Removing litter from Karns Meadow to maintain the health and scenic beauty of the park
Thank you to all the students, faculty, and community partners that made this an enormously successful afternoon!
Thanks to all teachers and students for celebrating the seniors on Thursday night! We all had a fabulous evening and can’t wait to hear about all your final college decisions!
SAT/ACT Test Preparation Course
Monday, April 30 and Wednesdays May 9, 16, 23
In an effort to serve our college-bound student body, Heather Marks, Director of College Counseling, is offering an evening SAT/ACT test prep course. This course will be offered in May timed to prepare juniors for the June exams, but this course may be taken by any Journeys High School student interested in preparing for these critically important college admissions tests.
Who: Journeys High School Students
What: 8-hour SAT/ACT test prep course
When: 6:00 - 8:00 pm: Monday, April 30 and Wednesdays May 9, 16, 23
Where: Journeys High School
Cost: Free. SAT/ACT materials and Pizza dinner is included.
Please contact Heather Marks at 307-734-3711 or firstname.lastname@example.org to sign up.
Attention Juniors: Register for the June ACT and SAT
Deadlines Friday, May 4 and Tuesday, May 8
• Juniors should register online at www.actstudent.org for the June 9 ACT exam. The deadline is May 4th and late registration (for an additional fee) is available through May 18th. The test center is Jackson Hole High School.
• Juniors should register online at http://sat.collegeboard.org/register for the June 2 SAT exam. The deadline is May 8th and late registration (for an additional fee) is available through May 22nd. The test center is Jackson Hole Community School.
Please contact Heather Marks at 307-734-3711 or email@example.com with questions.
Attention Juniors: SAT Exam
Saturday, May 5
Juniors should arrive at Jackson Hole High School no later than 7:45 am. Students must bring a photo ID, admissions ticket, no. 2 pencils and a calculator. A watch and snacks are also nice to have. NO cellphones, iPods, MP3 players etc. allowed. Good luck!
Monday, April 30: No School - Faculty Professional Development
Friday, May 4: Journeys School Talent Show, Jackson Campus, 5:00-7:00 pm
Saturday, May 5: SAT Exam for Juniors, JHHS, Arrive by 7:45 am
Friday, May 25-Sunday, June 3: 12th Grade Capstone Journey
Tuesday, May 29-Friday, June 1: Grades 9-11 Journey to Salt Lake City
Saturday, June 2: SAT Exam for Juniors, JHCS
Wednesday, June 6: Graduation and End of Year Celebration
Friday, June 8: Student Achievement Celebration
Saturday, June 9: ACT Exam for Juniors, JHHS
Tuesday, June 12: Last Day of School and Alumni Reception
Saturday, June 9: ACT Exam for Juniors, JHHS