The Research Program of the Conservation Research Center examines and monitors ecosystem responses to change. Our research provides insight into the complex ways that animals, plant communities and landscapes are affected by human uses in the Greater Yellowstone Ecosystem.
Objectives of the Research Program include:
- Examine the interactions between human development and ecosystem processes
- Examine ecosystem responses to changing climatic conditions
- Conduct studies that are applied, relevant and scientifically rigorous
- Disseminate work to professional scientists, developers, land managers, lay citizens and students to increase understanding of issues and to inform decision-making processes
- Promote responsible natural resource stewardship though education
- Encourage academic development of young wildlife professionals