Conservation Research Center - Earthwatch Coordinator
Date Position Begins: May 14, 2012
Date Position Ends: August 17, 2012
Pay Rate: $600/week
The Conservation Research Center of Teton Science Schools is seeking an Earthwatch Coordinator to coordinate afternoon and evening programs for five groups of 4-12 adult and teen Earthwatch volunteers participating in an avian research project in Jackson, Wyoming. Project objectives include: 1) identification of avian population trends associated with residential development; and 2) increased understanding of nest survival patterns. See www.earthwatch.org/exped/hall.html for additional project-related information.
Applicants must have excellent attention to detail and organizational skills. Schedule is 10-days on, 4-days off. Weekend work required. Low-cost employee housing may be provided depending upon availability.
Specific duties include:
• Coordinate afternoon and evening Earthwatch programs, including classroom space, AV, etc.
• Arrange group logistics – airport transportation, lodging, and meals
• Handle paperwork – volunteer packets, forms, stat sheets, certificates, etc.
• Review and synthesize medical information in advance of programs
• Oversee and host program participants during their residential stay at the Kelly Campus
• Oversee and manage program risk management
• Provide hikes or other recreation-time opportunities
• Other duties as assigned
• BS in Botany, Ecology or related field
• Willingness to work evenings and weekends
• Excellent communication skills and attention to detail
• Demonstrated ability to work independently and as part of a team
• Wilderness First Responder certification (required); must be completed prior to start date
Teton Science Schools’ Conservation Research Center was formed in response to the growing need in Jackson Hole and the Greater Yellowstone Ecosystem for responsible conservation and land stewardship. In our work, we seek a reasonable balance between wildlife and people to develop resource management strategies and models that other western communities can follow. For more information, visit
Teton Science Schools is an equal opportunity employer with a drug-free and smoke-free workplace. Successful applicant(s) will be required to pass a background check, driving check, and drug screening.
Email cover letter, resume and application to email@example.com. The subject line of the e-mail must state "Earthwatch Coordinator”. No phone calls please.