Conservation Research Center: DEQ-Water Quality Lab Technician
Location: Cheyenne, Wyoming
Begins: June 1, 2013
Ends: November 30, 2013
Compensation: $2,000 monthly stipend, plus travel expenses if applicable
The Conservation Research Center of Teton Science Schools is accepting applications for a Water Quality Laboratory Technician to assist with tracking and analyses of samples submitted to the laboratory. This position is based in Cheyenne at the newly-built lab facility co-located with the Department of Health.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Assist Water Quality Laboratory personnel with logging-in and storage of samples submitted to the laboratory. Arrange for the return of shipping containers to the field offices.
- Analysis and reporting of chemical analyses into the LIMS database, including quality control samples.
- Preparation of chemical reagents and standards.
- Preparation of laboratory reports.
- Sample preparation.
- Maintain inventory of chemicals.
- Any combination of training and experience equivalent to a Bachelor’s degree in chemistry, biology or environmental science.
- Must possess the ability to work both as a team player and function in the laboratory with limited oversight.
- Knowledge of laboratory safety procedures preferred.
- Knowledge of basic principles of water quality and aquatic biology are beneficial but not required.
Teton Science Schools’ Conservation Research Center was formed in response to the growing need in Jackson Hole and the Greater Yellowstone Ecosystem for responsible conservation and land stewardship. In our work, we seek a reasonable balance between wildlife and people to develop resource management strategies and models that other western communities can follow. For more information, click here.
Teton Science Schools are an equal opportunity employer with a drug-free and smoke-free workplace. Successful applicant(s) will be required to pass a background check, driving check, and drug screening.
Complete the online application. Please be sure to attach resume and cover letter to the application.