Wildlife Discovery Expedition
This full day tour offers numerous opportunities to view and learn about Jackson Hole flora and fauna. For many participants, this is the highlight of their trip to Wyoming. Our biologists know the best areas for viewing moose, elk, bison, mule deer, pronghorn and bear. They can answer your questions about ecology, geology and local history as they drive around in our comfortable, customized, safari-style vehicles
The day begins with an early morning drive through spectacular Grand Teton National Park and Bridger-Teton National Forest, to view local fauna in the quiet, wildlife filled, dawn hours. Following a provided lunch, we continue our search and enjoy a short walk in the summer or snowshoe in the winter. We return late in the afternoon, completing an exciting day of observing and learning about this magnificent ecosystem.
- An extremely passionate and knowledgeable naturalist with a trained eye for spotting wildlife
- A pair of binoculars for each participant and high quality spotting scopes to view wildlife without disturbing their natural behavior
- Our comfortable, customized, safari-style vehicles with roof hatches that allow for easy wildlife observation no matter your seat
- Hands-on use of professional field guidebooks, antlers, horns, skins and skulls. Kid's guidebooks also available
- Complimentary coffee, tea, cocoa, various soft drinks and snacks to keep you focused on the wildlife. Lunch is included on all full day expeditions. A picnic style lunch June through September, and a restaurant style lunch October through May.
- A souvenir water bottle
- A complimentary pick-up at your hotel located in the town of Jackson or Teton Village or at the Home Ranch Parking lot (corner of N. Cache and E. Gill) near the town square in Jackson, WY.
PLEASE NOTE: Pickup is not available for lodging arrangements in Grand Teton National Park, Yellowstone National Park or other points north of Jackson unless you are booking privately. If you are staying in one of those locations and wish to join a group expedition, your pick-up location will be the Home Ranch Parking Lot in Jackson. If you wish to book a private expedition with a pick-up north of Jackson, a pick-up fee will apply.
Cost: $235 per person
Private Wildlife Discovery Expedition: $1,500 (up to 7 people, each additional - $235)
*Park pass and gratuity not included
or Call 877.404.6626
Forms to Fill out Prior to Expedition - Please bring completed forms with you on the day of your expedition.
To protect the environment, vehicle travel is restricted to established roads. Roads range from paved highways to secondary dirt roads. The guide will choose the route based on group interest and recent wildlife sightings.