Embrace Your Place Video Contest
2013 Video Contest Winners
Use the knowledge and skills you’ve gained at Teton Science Schools, along with our guiding documents, to create an action project in your home community focused on science, stewardship and/or sustainability. Create a three minute or less video and share it with us. Have fun and compete for great prizes!
A video contest documenting an action project you and your students have completed in your home community. The project must be focused on science, stewardship and/or sustainability.
TSS alumni of Field Education and Teacher Learning Center programs.
To show the world how TSS participants "embrace their place"!
- $500 award for a future Field Education or Teacher Learning Center program at Teton Science Schools within the next calendar year
- $250 seed money for furthering the project
- $150 prize money for a celebration
- $100 voucher for the Teton Science Schools’ gift shop
- Recognition as Embrace Your Place champions on Teton Science Schools’ website
- School name on Embrace Your Place Hall of Fame plaques in both Kelly and Jackson Campus Dining Lodges
- Personalized Embrace Your Place certificates for all project participants
October 15, 2013 through April 15, 2014. All videos must be uploaded by April 15, 2014. Winners will be announced on May 15, 2014.
- Communicate: send an e-mail to email@example.com letting us know you are planning to participate in the Embrace Your Place Video Contest. Let us know how we can support you and your classroom.
- Explore your community and its needs. Pick a project category: science, stewardship or sustainability. Use the TSS guiding documents (see below) to help you plan and implement your project.
- Make a 3 minute or less video of your project and the impact it has on your community. See Embrace Your Place Storyboard Template, Embrace Your Place Story Board Slideshow and Embrace Your Place Video Rubric for guidelines and ideas.
- Upload your Embrace Your Place video to You Tube
- Complete the wufoo online form, found here: https://tetonscience.wufoo.com/forms/z7p8k9/
Look for your video on the TSS Embrace Your Place You Tube Channel. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a8ob62uvmC0&feature=youtu.be
Stay tuned for the announcement of the contest winners on May 15, 2014.
Resources for Download:
Potential Software and Apps to use to create your video:
Splice - http://spliceapp.com/