Journeys School

Learn. Think. Act.

Tuition & Tuition Assistance

Tuition Assistance

We appreciate that a Journeys School education is an investment for every family. Through tuition assistance, scholarships and payment plans we are making every effort to make it affordable. For the 2016-17 school year, 35% of Journeys School students received need-based tuition assistance. Journeys School awarded $900,000 (20% of operating budget) in need-based aid to students in grades K-12. This reflects our commitment to maintaining a diverse student body and helping to ensure that a Journeys School education is available to families regardless of their ability to pay.

The full tuition at Journeys School covers about 80% of the actual cost of educating a student for one year. The other 20% comes primarily from gifts to the school from alumni, parents, and friends, as well as income from our endowment. This means that all families, whether receiving tuition assistance or not, are benefiting tremendously from the generosity and foresight of others.

The deadline to apply for tuition assistance for NEW FAMILIES and RETURNING FAMILIES is January 31. Once the deadline has passed, families can still apply for assistance, with the understanding that little or no tuition assistance may be available. The tuition assistance program requires a family’s previous year’s completed taxes so the first step a family can take in the process is to complete personal and/or business taxes.

All inquiries, applications and supporting documentation with regard to tuition assistance are treated confidentially.

To get started on your tuition assistance application, please click HERE.

Download Tuition Assistance Process & Procedures - (PDF Format)

2017-18 Tuition & Fees

  Grades 9-12

$ 22,600

  Grades 6-8

$ 22,400

  Grades 1-5

$ 21,600

  Kindergarten

$ 18,700

  Pre-Kindergarten 5-day

$ 16,350

  Pre-Kindergarten 4-day

$ 14,650

  Pre-Kindergarten 3-day        $ 12,200
  Pre-Kindergarten 2-day        $   9,250
 Grades 9-12 Homestay       $  32,000
 

Tuition amounts listed above includes all fees excluding 5th, 8th, and 12th grade capstone trip, laptops, afterschool, homestay costs and optional costs (yearbooks, photos, etc).

Payment Plan Options

Annual Pay Plan: Pay tuition in full by August 1.
Semi-Annual Pay Plan: Pay tuition in two equal payments on or before August 1 and February 1.
Monthly Pay Plan: Pay tuition in eight equal monthly payments beginning August 1 through March 1.

Tuition Refund Policy

Your financial commitment to Journeys School is for the full annual tuition. The school cannot refund tuition or cancel unpaid obligations if your child is forced to withdraw during the academic year. If your student withdraws, this policy will pay benefits (subject to the terms of the policy and the amount insured) to the school, which provides substantial assistance in meeting your financial commitment.

Notice of Nondiscrimination Policy

Journeys School of Teton Science Schools does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, or national and ethnic origin in the administration of its admission or educational policies, tuition assistance program, or other school-administered programs.

web solutions : redtopia