Teton Valley Community School was founded in the late 1990’s by a small group of parents and teachers dedicated to enhancing educational opportunities in Teton Valley, Idaho. Their goal was to create a thriving school community that nurtures every child’s innate desire to explore, learn and grow. These visionary founders named it the Teton Valley Community School to emphasize the importance of the entire community’s involvement in the education of children.
Teton Valley Community School offers preschool through 7th grade students a diverse and dynamic learning environment. We are committed to enriching the lives of children, nurturing life-long learners and positively impacting our community. The exceptional faculty and staff strive every day to meet the school's mission: To educate the whole child by integrating academic excellence and character development with a community focus.
TVCS and Teton Science Schools
In September 2012, after 10 successful years of growth and expansion, Teton Valley Community School joined Teton Science Schools (TSS), becoming a seventh program area under the TSS organizational umbrella. There are several benefits to TVCS joining a larger non-profit educational organization in the region:
- The quality and philosophy of the TVCS program will stay consistent while benefitting/improving from access to greater resources
- The program implementation will stay the same with current teachers and facilities
- Teachers and staff will experience increased professional development opportunities
- Students will have increased access to expertise for learning needs and gifted/talented support
- Administrative policies and procedures become more consistent and efficient throughout the school
- TVCS has the potential for a faster path to NWAIS accreditation with TSS experience
- With TSS support, all TVCS administrative areas will be enhanced, including communications, marketing, recruitment, finance and development
- Students/families interested in Journeys School will have a streamlined admissions process
- TSS will assist with the development of a long range strategic plan serving students and the community