Wildlife and Walkabout
This full-day experience begins at dawn with a wildlife safari in Grand Teton National Park. We look for moose, bison, elk, mule deer and other wildlife. By late morning we arrive at the historic Kelly Campus of Teton Science Schools, nestled in the park. After a picturesque picnic lunch, we set out on the trail to hike to Coyote Rock. While hiking we find the brilliant wildflowers of Jackson Hole. Colorful petals burst out of the verdant sagebrush with the majestic Tetons as a backdrop. This 4-5 mile hike gains approximately 500 feet of elevation.
- An extremely passionate and knowledgeable naturalist with a trained eye for spotting wildlife
- A pair of binoculars for each participant and high quality spotting scopes to view wildlife without disturbing
their natural behavior
- Our comfortable, customized, safari-style vehicles with roof hatches that allow for easy wildlife observation
no matter your seat
- Hands-on use of professional field guidebooks, antlers, horns, skins and skulls. Kid's guidebooks also
- Complimentary coffee, tea, cocoa, various soft drinks and snacks to keep you focused on the wildlife. Lunch
is included on all full day expeditions.
- A souvenir water bottle
- A complimentary pick-up at your hotel located in the town of Jackson or Teton Village or at the Home Ranch Parking lot (corner of N. Cache and E. Gill) near the town square in Jackson, WY. PLEASE NOTE: Pickup is not available for lodging arrangements in Grand Teton National Park, Yellowstone National Park or other points north of Jackson unless you are booking privately. If you are staying in one of those locations and wish to join a group expedition, your pick-up location will be the Home Ranch Parking Lot in Jackson. If you wish to book a private expedition with a pick-up north of Jackson, a pick-up fee will apply.
Price: $235 per person
Private Wildlife & Walkabout Expedition: $1,500 (up to 7 people, each additional over 7 - $235)
*Park pass and gratuity not included
or Call 877.404.6626
Forms to Fill out Prior to Expedition - Please bring completed forms with you on the day of your expedition.
*Not recommended for children under the age of 10