Old Faithful & Lower Loop of Yellowstone Expedition
Starting in Jackson, we pass through Grand Teton National Park on the way to Yellowstone National Park. We admire the Tetons and stop for wildlife viewing along the way, but the primary focus of the day is Yellowstone. Our journey in Yellowstone begins with a tour of the Old Faithful area as well as a guided geyser walk. After a delicious lunch, we travel to the breathtaking Grand Canyon of Yellowstone. We stop at both upper and lower falls, as well as Yellowstone Lake. Throughout the expedition we discuss in detail Yellowstone’s history, geology, wildfires and wildlife. On our way back to Jackson we pass again through Grand Teton National Park giving us a chance to marvel at the mountains again. We return to Jackson around dinner time.
Offered: May 12, 2017 - November 5, 2017
- An extremely passionate and knowledgeable naturalist with a trained eye for spotting wildlife
- A pair of binoculars for each participant and high quality spotting scopes to view wildlife without disturbing their natural behavior
- Our comfortable, customized, safari-style vehicles with roof hatches that allow for easy wildlife observation no matter your seat
- Hands-on use of professional field guidebooks, antlers, horns, skins and skulls. Kid's guidebooks also available
- Complimentary coffee, tea, cocoa, various soft drinks and snacks to keep you focused on the wildlife. Lunch is included on all full day expeditions.
- A souvenir water bottle
- A complimentary pick-up at your hotel located in the town of Jackson or Teton Village or at the Home Ranch Parking lot (corner of N. Cache and E. Gill) near the town square in Jackson, WY. PLEASE NOTE: Pickup is not available for lodging arrangements in Grand Teton National Park, Yellowstone National Park or other points north of Jackson unless you are booking privately. If you are staying in one of those locations and wish to join a group expedition, your pick-up location will be the Home Ranch Parking Lot in Jackson. If you wish to book a private expedition with a pick-up north of Jackson, a pick-up fee will apply.
Private $2,100 (up to 7 people, each additional over 7 - $330)
or Call 877.404.6626