This page is dedicated to providing information about the strategies that Teton Science Schools (TSS) has implemented to mitigate the impacts of Coronavirus (COVID-19). As the understanding and available information are changing rapidly, this page will reflect any and all updates to our prevention efforts.
TSS COVID-19 Response
While many of our upcoming residential programs have been cancelled, we are currently operating wildlife tours and our Mountain Academy and Graduate Program students have returned to campuses for hybrid learning. We are also pleased to offer numerous online opportunities for students, educators and schools through our Place Network and Professional Development and Consulting.
Please note all TSS staff and faculty are working remotely. Administrative offices are operating at reduced capacity and responding to emails and voicemails as quickly as possible.
We are continually reviewing and revising our COVID-19 Preparations Plan with current public health recommendations to protect staff and participant safety during any in-person programs. If you would like to be notified of specific program updates, please contact us and we will add you to the appropriate email lists.
If you are in a position to do so, please consider making a donation to TSS during these challenging times. Thank you.
- Updated October 28, 2020
- After a successful summer of safely operating day camps for students entering Grades 1-4, we are preparing for Summer 2021 programs.
- If you are interested in Summer 2021 camps, join our mailing list and you’ll be the first to know when summer camp registration opens this winter!
- Due to COVID-19, we are only offering private tours so guests can comfortably enjoy the parks with their friend and family groups. We are offering special pricing to allow more guests to enjoy this opportunity. Please visit our wildlife tours page for more information.
- All overnight, multi-day wildlife tours are cancelled through December 31, 2020.
- Please view our cancellation policy here.
- All TSS overnight, residential programming suspended through December 31, 2020.
- The Murie Ranch is closed for the winter season.
- The TSS Teacher Learning Center (TLC) and Place Network are offering online courses for educators and K-12 students and continuing to work with rural schools to implement place-based education.
- Mountain Academy and Graduate Program students have returned to campuses for in-person and online learning for the 2020-21 school year.