Become a Partner
Teton Science Schools is excited to offer other organizations in our community the opportunity to host AmeriCorps members directly. TSS has significant experience administering and implementing AmeriCorps grant procedures and protocol, and has operated as a Hub Site for AmeriCorps members for the past two years. TSS' role as a Hub Site enables us to provide qualified local nonprofit and governmental organizations with AmeriCorps members who will serve the majority of their term at that organization. These AmeriCorps will assist with organizational goals while working towards building organizational capacity to increase science literacy in the community. As a hub site TSS will provide volunteers with training, room, board and a community that prepares them to effectively accomplish their goals during their service terms. Providing such amenities allows partner organizations to spend more time focused on volunteer recruitment, development and support on organizational projects. We are excited about the opportunity to increase our impact as a community in building science literacy.
As a Hub site, TSS provides:
- Room and board at the Jackson Campus of Teton Science Schools
- A five-day training & orientation that covers AmeriCorps logistics; development of leadership, risk management & decision making skills; and an introduction to educational pedagogy
- Administrative oversight of volunteer background checks, hiring, enrolling and exiting in the AmeriCorps system
- Management of the AmeriCorps grant
- Site visits & general support to the host site, including guidance in the volunteer search process with advertising & hiring strategies
- AmeriCorps Supervising and Mentoring Training for a point person in your organization
Host Site Responsibilities:
- $5,788 paid to Teton Science Schools for each AmeriCorps member to cover the cost of the AmeriCorps grant match, housing, food, training and overhead costs
- Follow through with search process: create volunteer position description, advertise and hire AmeriCorps members
- Train & mentor members throughout their period of service
- Assure that the duties and responsibilities of members are aligned with the Grant Focus (see description above) as well as with AmeriCorps policies
- Implement assessments outlined by Teton Science Schools
- Provide timely and clear communication with Teton Science Schools’ Hub Site Coordinator
- Provide data, pictures and narratives for grant reporting
- Provide proof of liability insurance to cover members
AmeriCorps Member Requirements & Benefits:
- Complete service term as outlined by dates in contract. Service terms are run three times per year in summer, fall and winter/spring.
- Upon successful completion of their service term, members will receive an Education Award from the Corporation for National and Community Service. Education Award amounts are dependent on the length of the member's service term.
For more information, please contact Katie Hoskinson, TSS AmeriCorps Hub Site Coordinator