Wildlife, Art and Sleigh Tour
Our Wildlife, Art and Sleigh Tour combines the best of winter wildlife activities in Jackson Hole. You will observe wildlife in Grand Teton National Park, visit the National Museum of Wildlife Art, and end the day with a magical horse-drawn sleigh ride through the National Elk Refuge.
We start the day early, exploring Grand Teton National Park and Bridger-Teton National Forest. Take in the majesty of the snow capped Tetons at sunrise as you search for wildlife. Our knowledgeable guides will bring you to the best locations for finding elk, deer, moose, bighorn sheep, bison, coyotes, trumpeter swans and other animals. For lunch, we visit the Palate Restaurant at the National Museum of Wildlife Art. Enjoy your meal while looking onto the 20,000-acre National Elk Refuge. We then tour the Museum's galleries of fine paintings, sculptures and photography devoted to North American wildlife. The day ends with a horse drawn sleigh ride through the National Elk Refuge, where 7,000-10,000 elk spend their winters.
Offered: Mid December through Early March (weather permitting)
Trip Duration: 8 hours
- An extremely passionate and knowledgeable naturalist with a trained eye for spotting wildlife
- A pair of binoculars for each participant and high quality spotting scopes to view wildlife without disturbing their natural behavior
- Our comfortable, customized, safari-style vehicles with roof hatches that allow for easy wildlife observation no matter your seat
- Hands-on use of professional field guidebooks, antlers, horns, skins and skulls. Kid's guidebooks also available
- Complimentary coffee, tea, cocoa, various soft drinks and snacks to keep you focused on the wildlife. Lunch is included on all full day expeditions.
- A souvenir water bottle
- A complimentary pick-up at your hotel located in the town of Jackson or Teton Village or at the Home Ranch Parking lot (corner of N. Cache and E. Gill) near the town square in Jackson, WY. PLEASE NOTE: Pickup is *not* available for lodging arrangements in Grand Teton National Park, Yellowstone National Park or other points north of Jackson unless you are booking privately. If you are staying in one of those locations and wish to join a group tour, your pick-up location will be the Home Ranch Parking Lot in Jackson.
Cost: $269 per person
Private Wildlife, Art and Sleigh Tour: $1,076 for up to 4 guests. Additional guests are $269 per person.
Online Registration Not Available, Please Call 877.404.6626 to Register
To protect the environment, vehicle travel is restricted to established roads. Roads range from paved highways to secondary dirt roads. The guide will choose the route based on group interest and recent wildlife sightings.