Malone Family Foundation Scholars Program
The Malone Scholars Program:
Journeys School was selected in the spring of 2012 by the Malone Family Foundation to receive a $2 million endowment to fund scholarships for identified talented and gifted students with financial need. Journeys School is the only Wyoming school and one of 49 independent schools nationally selected to participate in the Malone Scholars Program based on our school’s academic caliber, quality of faculty, attention to individual student needs and commitment to tuition assistance.
The Malone Family Foundation:
The Malone Family Foundation was founded in 1997 by Dr. John C. Malone, a well-known communications and media executive and investor, and his family, with one principal objective: to improve access to quality education for gifted students who lack the financial resources to best develop their talents. www.malonefamilyfoundation.org
Who should apply for the Malone Family Foundation Scholarship?
Students applying for admission to grades 7-10 who meet the following criteria:
- Be a citizen of the United States
- Meet all admissions criteria for Journeys School
- Show superior motivation for academic excellence evidenced by grade reports and test scores
- Demonstrate financial need to qualify for funding of at least 30% of tuition through Journeys School’s Tuition Assistance Program
What are the benefits of a Malone Scholarship?
- Funding for 30-100% of tuition will be granted as a scholarship as long as student meets expected academic standards and demonstrates financial need
- Possible funding for books, laptop computers and other supplies
- Possible funding for college trip expenses, college applications and college entrance exams
- Enrollment in the International Baccalaureate Middle Years and/or Diploma Program
- Individualized Learning Plans developed to meet the needs of the student through accommodations such as differentiated classrooms, independent and orbital study projects, grade acceleration, distance and online learning opportunities, internships and more.
- Comprehensive 4-year college counseling program in which supervision and individualized support is provided for all aspects of the college process including college search, testing strategies/preparation (ACT, SAT, PSAT), resume development, essay writing, application completion and campus visits and interviews.
What is the Application Process?
- The Application process is the same as the standard Admissions Process, with the addition of an on-site test date which can be set up with the admissions office.
- All Malone Applicants must also complete the Tuition Assistance Process.
What is the Application Timeline?
Applicants for the 2017-18 Academic Year
For Admissions testing for Malone Scholarship Applicants please contact Warren Samuels, Director of Admissions to schedule a testing session. 307-732-7745
- All tuition assistance information is confidential.
- Students applying for the Malone Scholarship must provide proof of US citizenship.
- If an applicant is not awarded a Malone Scholarship, he or she may be admitted to Journeys School, and Journeys School’s tuition assistance may be available.
- Malone Scholars and their families must agree to have their Malone Scholar distinction publicly celebrated in the Journeys School and local community as a means of promoting this honor and the availability of the Malone Scholars Program.
For more information about applying, please contact Warren Samuels, Director of Admissions, at 307-732-7745 or firstname.lastname@example.org.