Elementary School Announcements
Fifth Grade Capstone Parent and Student Meeting
Wednesday, September 17, 6:00 pm
Upper Elementary South Classroom
Jill will present important information about the 5th grade capstone year. If you are unable to attend this meeting, please contact Jill at firstname.lastname@example.org or 734-9845. Thank you!
Thursday and Friday, September 25 and 26
Elementary students have their annual “Field Days” Thursday, September 25th and Friday, September 26th. These outdoor opportunities will allow students and teachers to meet the following goals: introduce “Communities” as an integrating and overarching theme, build elementary school community, develop learning strategies for an outdoor classroom, encourage students to become active learners outside of the classroom. Contact Kjera at email@example.com with any questions.
Overflowing with Gratitude
Thank you to all the parents who generously donated classroom supplies!
Fifth Grade Float
Thank you to Snake River Fund and Mad River Boat Trips for taking the 5th graders down the scenic stretch of the Snake River! We had such a great time!
The Elementary School’s Top 10 “Must-Knows”
10. All students need to have indoor shoes AND a pair of close-toed outdoor shoes to wear in case they venture up onto the hill.
9. All students need to have a “leak-free” water bottle to leave at school. These bottles are washed regularly.
8. The upper road is CLOSED between 8-9am and again between 2:30-3:45pm. Please refrain from driving the upper road during these closed times. If you need to drive the upper road outside of the aforementioned times, please drive all the way to the upper parking lot. Do NOT park on the upper road near the north side of the Elementary building or next to the fire hydrant on the south side of school.
7. Elementary is a clothing black hole. Please be sure to label all items (especially ones that are taken off throughout the day). Lost and Found bins are located in all cubby rooms. If you are missing something, please look there!
6. Each student will have a canvas folder that will be an important form of communication between school and home. This folder will travel between home and school each day. Please check your child’s folder every evening and return it every morning.
5. Each student has been assigned an advisor to work with throughout the year. Advisors are your primary contact regarding the social and emotional development of your child. Parents are encouraged to contact individual teachers for questions or concerns relating to academic development and progress.
4. Read the elementary school homework policy! For kindergarten and first grade students, optional reading and math homework will be sent home weekly. Second grade students will develop nightly homework habits as the year progresses, with a maximum of twenty minutes of reading and math homework each night. Third through fifth grade students will have required nightly homework ranging in length from 30 minutes for third grade students to 50 minutes for fifth grade students. Reading and math will be prioritized for this homework.
3. Please remember to send your child to school with a healthy lunch! We will have community lunches on Fridays—if your child does not like what is on the menu, please send a non-microwavable lunch as a substitute!
2. If your child arrives to the classroom later than 8:15 he/she needs to be checked in with Sam in the office by a parent. Please be sure to allow adequate time for your child to walk up the path in the morning. If a child needs to be picked up early (before 3:25), a parent must sign the child out with Sam in the office.
1. BE ON TIME!! School starts promptly at 8:15am and ends at 3:30pm. Students should arrive with enough time to be prepared for Morning Meeting. It is important for students to arrive on time as Morning Meeting is a time for students to get grounded in the day, review the schedule, and have social interactions with their peers.
Wednesday, September 17: 5th Grade Parent Meeting, 6:00 pm
Wednesday, September 24: Parent Council Kick-off Meeting, 5:30-6:30 pm
Thursday - Friday, September 25-26: Elementary Field Days
Thursday, September 25: School Photos for Pre-k and Grades 6-12
Monday, September 29: School Photos for Pre-k and Elementary
Tuesday, September 30: School Photos for Pre-k and Group/Class Photos
Thursday, October 16: Grandparents Day