Middle School Annoucements
8th Grade Journey to Washington D.C.
The 8th grade class leaves for Washington D.C. this Saturday, March 4th. Here are some important points to have in mind about the journey:
· Students should pack with carry-on luggage only
· Students are to bring their cell phone with a charger that is labeled with their name
· Cell phones are to be used as tools, not as communication devices while on the journey (See the communication policy below for more information)
· Students need a field ready lunch for Saturday, all other food will be provided.
· Students are to be at Jackson Hole Airport on Saturday, March 4th at 5:30 am.
· Please pick up your child at 3:15 p.m. on Thursday, March 9th at the Jackson Hole Airport.
· 8th grade students do not have school Friday, March 10th even though the rest of Journeys School is in session
Please check the capstone page on Haiku for the updated schedule and packing list. Contact Kate Schelbe at firstname.lastname@example.org with any additional questions.
6th & 7th Grade Winter Journey
March 7 - March 9
Teton Valley Idaho NOLS
Please see the email from Ethan regarding gear lists, schedule, and outline of curriculum for more information regarding our winter journey next week.
Way To Go, Thor!
Congratulations to Thor Jaramillo for winning the Journeys Middle School National Geographic Bee. Thor has qualified to compete at the state level competition of the National Geographic Bee held on Friday, March 31, 2017. If you see Thor, wish him luck.