Re-Enrollment and Tuition Assistance Forms Due January 31st
Enrollment paperwork was mailed over Winter Break. For families not applying for Tuition Assistance, please sign and return the enrollment agreement with a 10% non-refundable deposit by January 31st. For families applying for Tuition Assistance, simply complete the Tuition Assistance application by January 31st. Tuition will increase $500 per student after January 31st for families who have not re-enrolled or completed a Tuition Assistance application. If you have any questions about re-enrollment please contact Warren at 307-732-7745 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Suicide Prevention Workshop
Thursday, January 25, 5:30-6:30 pm
St. John's Medical Center, Moose Room
Matt Stech, Journeys School's Director of Student Growth and Learning and School Counselor, will be giving a free one hour Question-Persuade-Refer (QPR) workshop on suicide prevention on Thursday, January 25 at St. John's Medical Center (Moose Room, under ER). Matt will be co-presenting with Grace Hale of the Community Safety Network. The workshop is designed to be a basic introduction to suicide prevention and will give information about helping someone who may be in a suicidal crisis. This program is open to the public and is appropriate for ages 16 and older. Please RSVP to Matt at email@example.com. Thank you.
Looking for Great Summer Programs?
Teton Science Schools offers summer programs for students from Pre-K through 12th grade, and registration is now open! Please click here to view and register for summer programs from Journeys School, Teton Valley Community School, and other TSS program areas. Don't delay as many programs fill up quickly.
Winter is upon us, so it's a good time to review the factors that go into decision-making about weather-related changes to the school schedule and the procedures for communicating those changes. It is not a common occurrence to cancel school due to weather. With that said, we recognize that families' commutes vary greatly, and we respect parents' decisions around the safety of their children.
· Safety is always the top priority. If there are any "unnecessary travel" restrictions or similar requests from law enforcement, we will honor those.
· Teton Pass closures do not necessarily mean school will close.
· Any decision about closure or delay will be for all of Journeys School, PreK-12.
· The two standard options are either closure or a 2-hour delay. For a delay, school would start at 10:15am, with supervision for K-12 starting at 10am and supervision for PreK starting at 10:15am. The school day would still end at 3:30pm.
· The less-standard, but possible situation, would be an early release. The timing on that would be weather-dependent.
· Closures, delays, or early releases will be shared via our alert system, which sends text messages and phone calls to all parent phone numbers listed in our database. When possible we will also follow up with an email.
· Closures, delays, or early releases will also be posted on the Journeys School webpage and our Facebook page.
· Decisions on closures or delays will be made and announced by 7am at the latest. Our hope is to communicate by 6:30am whenever possible, but we often do not get decisions from START Bus or TCSD until later than that.
Parent volunteers are encouraged to assist with community lunch. To volunteer, please arrive in the dining lodge at 11:55 am. All lunches include garden fresh salad, orange slices, cookies and milk.
January 19 - Pasta Alfredo with broccoli
January 26 - Grilled cheese sandwiches on whole grain bread, vegetable soup
Friday, January 26: End of Semester 1, grades 6-12
Friday, February 9: 5th and 6th Grade Social, 6:00-8:00 pm
Friday, February 16: No School - Professional Development
Monday, February 19: No School - President's Day
Friday, March 9: Early Release, 12:15pm
Friday, March 9: End of Winter Trimester, grades Pre-K - 5
Friday, March 23: End of 3rd Quarter, grades 6-12
Monday, March 26-Friday, April 6: No School - Spring Break