We start the day early, exploring Grand Teton National Park and Bridger-Teton National Forest. Take in the majesty of the snow-capped Tetons at sunrise as you search for wildlife. Our knowledgeable guides will bring you to the best locations for finding elk, deer, moose, bighorn sheep, bison, coyotes, trumpeter swans and other animals. For lunch, we visit the Palate restaurant at the National Museum of Wildlife Art. Enjoy your meal while looking onto the 20,000-acre National Elk Refuge. We then tour the Museum’s galleries of fine paintings, sculptures and photography devoted to North American wildlife. The day ends with a horse-drawn sleigh ride through the National Elk Refuge, where 7,000-10,000 elk spend their winters. Offered: Mid December through Early March (weather permitting)
- An extremely passionate and knowledgeable naturalist with a trained eye for spotting wildlife
- A pair of binoculars for each participant and high-quality spotting scopes to view wildlife without disturbing their natural behavior
- Our comfortable, customized, Mercedes-Benz Sprinter vans with roof hatches that allow for easy wildlife observation no matter your seat
- Hands-on use of professional field guidebooks, antlers, horns, skins and skulls. Kid’s guidebooks also available
- Complimentary coffee, tea, cocoa, various soft drinks and snacks to keep you focused on the wildlife. Lunch is included on all full day expeditions.
- A souvenir water bottle
- A complimentary pick-up at your hotel located in the town of Jackson or Teton Village or at the Home Ranch Parking lot (corner of N. Cache and E. Gill) near the town square in Jackson, WY. PLEASE NOTE: Pickup is not available for lodging arrangements in Grand Teton National Park, Yellowstone National Park or other points north of Jackson unless you are booking privately. If you are staying in one of those locations and wish to join a group tour, your pick-up location will be the Home Ranch Parking Lot in Jackson.
*Park pass and gratuity not included
Forms to Fill out Prior to Tour – Please bring completed forms with you on the day of your tour.
Single Day Cancellation Policy: Teton Science Schools may cancel any program at our discretion as it relates to weather conditions, poor road conditions, low enrollment (less than two participants) and equipment availability. All clients will receive full refunds if Teton Science Schools cancels a tour for the reasons stated above. Client cancellations within 48 hours of the scheduled departure are non-refundable. Client cancellations occurring prior to 48 hours are subject to a $25 transaction fee. To protect the environment, vehicle travel is restricted to established roads. Roads range from paved highways to secondary dirt roads. The guide will choose the route based on group interest and recent wildlife sightings.