We start the day around sunrise to view local fauna in the quiet, dawn hours. Wildlife is most active during the early mornings, and our guides know the best spots for viewing elk, moose, grizzly bears, black bears, wolves, bighorn sheep, bison, mule deer, foxes, eagles and a variety of other animals around Jackson Hole. High-quality spotting scopes and binoculars are available for enhanced wildlife observation and hot beverages and homemade muffins will be on hand to help you ease into the day. We will stop for a lunch at a local restaurant around midday. Following lunch, we will continue our search for wildlife in the afternoon. After completing an eight hour day of observing and learning about this magnificent ecosystem, we’ll drop you off where we picked you up. Offered: Year Round Cost: Starting at $1,500 Duration: 8 hours
- An extremely passionate and knowledgeable guide with a trained eye for spotting wildlife
- A pair of binoculars for each participant and high-quality spotting scopes to view wildlife without disturbing their natural behavior
- A window seat in our comfortable, customized, Mercedes-Benz Sprinter vans (with roof hatches that allow for easy wildlife observation)
- Use of professional field guide books, antlers, horns, skins and skulls. Kids guidebooks also available
- Complimentary coffee, tea, cocoa, various soft drinks and snacks to keep you focused on the wildlife
- A souvenir water bottle
- *A complimentary pick-up at your hotel located in the town of Jackson, Teton Village or the Home Ranch Public Parking Lot (corner of N. Cache and E. Gill) near the town square in Jackson, WY. PLEASE NOTE: Pickup is not available for lodging arrangements in Grand Teton National Park, Yellowstone National Park or other points north or south of Jackson unless you book a private tour. If you are staying in one of those locations and wish to join a group tour, your pick-up location will be the Home Ranch Public Parking Lot in Jackson.
*Park pass and gratuity not included
Forms to Fill out Prior to Tour – Please bring completed forms with you on the day of your tour.
Single Day Cancellation Policy: Teton Science Schools may cancel any program at our discretion as it relates to weather conditions, poor road conditions, low enrollment (less than two participants) and equipment availability. All clients will receive full refunds if Teton Science Schools cancels a tour for the reasons stated above. Client cancellations within 48 hours of the scheduled departure are non-refundable. Client cancellations occurring prior to 48 hours are subject to a $25 transaction fee. To protect the environment, vehicle travel is restricted to established roads. Roads range from paved highways to secondary dirt roads. The guide will choose the route based on group interest and recent wildlife sightings.