We will pick you up in the town of Jackson or your place of lodging* in one of our customized, Mercedes-Benz Sprinter vans. Treat yourself to hot beverages and homemade baked goods as we pass through Grand Teton National Park on our way to Yellowstone National Park. We will admire the Tetons at sunrise and stop for wildlife viewing along the way, but the primary focus of the day is Yellowstone. Our journey in Yellowstone begins with a tour of the Old Faithful area as well as a guided geyser walk. After a delicious lunch in the park, we travel to the breathtaking Grand Canyon of Yellowstone. We will stop at the Upper and Lower falls, as well as Yellowstone Lake. Yellowstone is home to the largest concentration of mammals in the lower 48, and you may see bison, coyotes, elk, otters, bears, pronghorn, and wolves. Throughout the tour, we discuss in detail Yellowstone’s history, geology, and wildlife. Our guides will spend the day answering your questions and sharing their passion for the area. After a full day in Yellowstone, we depart for Jackson, again passing through Grand Teton National Park to marvel at the mountains. We return to Jackson around dinner time.
- An extremely passionate and knowledgeable naturalist with a trained eye for spotting wildlife
- A pair of binoculars for each participant and high-quality spotting scopes to view wildlife without disturbing their natural behavior
- Our comfortable, customized, Mercedes-Benz Sprinter vans with roof hatches that allow for easy wildlife observation no matter your seat
- Hands-on use of professional field guidebooks, antlers, horns, skins and skulls. Kid’s guidebooks also available
- Complimentary coffee, tea, cocoa, various soft drinks and snacks to keep you focused on the wildlife. Lunch is included on all full day tours.
- A souvenir water bottle
- A complimentary pick-up at your hotel located in the town of Jackson or Teton Village or at the Home Ranch Parking lot (corner of N. Cache and E. Gill) near the town square in Jackson, WY. PLEASE NOTE: Pickup is not available for lodging arrangements in Grand Teton National Park, Yellowstone National Park or other points north or south of Jackson unless you are booking privately. If you are staying in one of those locations and wish to join a group tour, your pick-up location will be the Home Ranch Parking Lot in Jackson.
*Park pass and gratuity not included
Forms to Fill out Prior to Tour – Please bring completed forms with you on the day of your tour.
Single Day Cancellation Policy: Teton Science Schools may cancel any program at our discretion as it relates to weather conditions, poor road conditions, low enrollment (less than two participants) and equipment availability. All clients will receive full refunds if Teton Science Schools cancels a tour for the reasons stated above. Client cancellations within 48 hours of the scheduled departure are non-refundable. Client cancellations occurring prior to 48 hours are subject to a $25 transaction fee. To protect the environment, vehicle travel is restricted to established roads. Roads range from paved highways to secondary dirt roads. The guide will choose the route based on group interest and recent wildlife sightings.