You will spend the other part of the day relaxing on the Snake River with Barker-Ewing Scenic Float Trips. This 10-mile scenic float trip takes you through the heart of Grand Teton National Park. Your river guide will navigate the pristine waters as you take in the beauty of the river and incredible views of the Tetons. As you float, you might see moose, beavers, eagles, osprey and other birds. We can schedule the float trip and wildlife tour on different days if you choose. The wildlife tour with Teton Science Schools will be a private trip. The scenic float trip will be a public float. Guests receive a discount for booking them together.
Online Registration Not Available, Please Call 877.404.6626 to Register
Forms to Fill out Prior to Tour – Please bring completed forms with you on the day of your tour.
Private Wildlife Tour
- An extremely passionate and knowledgeable naturalist with a trained eye for spotting wildlife
- A pair of binoculars for each participant and high-quality spotting scopes to view wildlife without disturbing their natural behavior
- Our comfortable, customized, safari-style vehicles with roof hatches that allow for easy wildlife observation no matter your seat
- Complimentary coffee, tea, cocoa, various soft drinks and snacks to keep you focused on the wildlife
- A souvenir water bottle
- A complimentary pick-up at your hotel located in the town of Jackson or Teton Village or at the Home Ranch Parking lot (corner of N. Cache and E. Gill) near the town square in Jackson, WY. PLEASE NOTE: Pickup is not available for lodging arrangements in Grand Teton National Park, Yellowstone National Park or other points north or south of Jackson unless you are booking privately. If you are staying in one of those locations and wish to join a group tour , your pick-up location will be the Home Ranch Parking Lot in Jackson. If you wish to book a private tour with a pick-up north of Jackson, a pick-up fee will apply.
*Park pass and gratuity not included
Single Day Cancellation Policy: All standard single day tours canceled prior to 48 hours of the scheduled departure time are refundable less a 10% nonrefundable deposit. Cancellations within 48 hours of the scheduled departure time are non-refundable. Tours booked prior to June 1, 2020 will adhere to our prior policy: prior to 48 hours, tours are refundable less a $25 processing fee.
Scenic Float in Grand Teton National Park
- 2.5-3 hour float along the Snake River
- A Barker-Ewing river guide, professional boatman with extensive knowledge of the natural history of Jackson Hole
- Transportation from Moose, WY (13 miles north of the town of Jackson) to the launch site, you’ll end the float trip about a hundred yards from your car back in Moose. Click here for scenic float meeting location
- Rain ponchos in the event of sudden showers
- Personal flotation device, which must be worn at all times when in the rafts
*Transportation to and from scenic float meeting location not included