- Five night/four days in residence at the Kelly Campus in Grand Teton National Park
- A rigorous program exploring natural science and field research. Each day is spent outdoors understanding science through direct experience in nature
- Content focus on the ecology of the Greater Yellowstone Ecosystem including explorations of disturbance and fire ecology, biotic communities, and the area’s unique wildlife
- Field science research projects and formal presentations
- Development of leadership skills
- Building bonds with a diverse group of young learners
- Networking and learning with inspiring women leaders
- Evening programs including a hands-on exploration of a world renowned specimen collection and a panel discussion of professional women scientists and leaders
Young Women and Science
For 8th and 9th grade learners thrilled to learn about science and nature Teton Science Schools enthusiastically supports the development of women leaders in the field of science. Young Women and Science engages girls' interest in science and their development as leaders, believing that their impact on the ultimate character of the field of science is vital. This five night/four day program builds skills, knowledge and community to inspire leadership in our future women scientists.
Oct 9 — Oct 14
Arrival: Monday afternoon, October 9 between 12 PM and 4 PM
Departure: Saturday morning, October 14 between 10 am and 12 PM
Transportation: Students must obtain their own transportation to the Jackson Hole Airport or Teton Science Schools Kelly Campus on the designated arrival and departure dates.
Application Process: student must submit an application form using the link below as well as a letter of recommendation from either an educator or organizational leader in their life as part of the application emailed to email@example.com Subject: Young Women & Science Reference Letter
Cost: $350.00/student for room and board costs. The remaining program costs are generously supported by Teton Science Schools anonymous donors. Registration Fee is due upon acceptance.
Qualifications: to qualify, the nominee must be an 8th or 9th grader and have a strong interest in science and the outdoors. Each student nominated will be considered by Teton Science Schools faculty for:
- Demonstrated achievement in science
- Cooperative personality and interest in the outdoors, conservation, or sustainability
- Physically able and excited to spend 5-8 hours outside each day hiking and learning
- Receive permission from school and parents to attend
- Registration is open:
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis until program is full
- Notification of acceptance: within one week of receipt of both application
and nomination. Accepted students will receive an email with all necessary
details to plan the trip and required forms to complete online.
- Confirmation & Payment: within two weeks of acceptance.
Confirmation form and payment must be received within 2 weeks of acceptance.
Payment of $350.00 secures a spot in the program. If payment is not received
within 2 weeks, the spot will be filled on a first-come-first-served basis.
- Registration Closes: October 1, 2023
If you miss the application closing date, please call (307) 734-5707 for availability