No, use the SAME account each time you register your child AND year-after-year.
Our Jackson Hole Summer Camp Frequently Asked Questions
- Online Registration System
Please select the “Don’t know your password?” link located under the login box and follow the instructions sent to your email to reset your password.
After 20 minutes of inactivity, your camp registration shopping cart will be emptied and you will be logged off.
We accept payment with cash or check in the office.
Yes. Before adding any camps to your cart, create your account. When creating your account, add all children you plan to register. When you go to add a camp to your cart, you will be prompted to choose which child to register for that camp.
Only parents or legal guardians can register their children. At the time of registration, as all forms need to be completed and signed by the legal guardian or parent.
Yes, anytime. For your child’s safety during the program, please keep your account up-to-date.
We do not sell or share your personal information with any other agency, organization, business, or individual.
Confirmation will be emailed to the primary email on file once you complete your registration. Your invoices can be viewed in your account anytime.
Camp cost is not a tax-deductible donation. For more detailed information, please consult your tax professional. TSS’s tax ID number is on the receipt that came in your email confirmation.
We require full payment at the time of registration.
Yes, click here for financial assistance information.
- Registration Policies: Switch, Cancel, Wait Lists, Transfers
For cancellations and switching of programs please contact the Registrar office of Teton Science Schools: 307.734.3707. email@example.com.
Cancellation Policy: If you would like to cancel a registration for your child, please call 307.734.3707. If your request to cancel is received 30 days or more prior to the start date of the camp, a refund of the camp cost will be issued less a $25.00 administrative fee. The administrative fee is charged per child, per camp. A refund will not be issued if you cancel 30 days or less prior to the start date of the camp. Although we make every effort to adhere to our program schedule, extenuating circumstances may cause Teton Science Schools to cancel a program, in which case a full refund will be issued.
Switch Program Policy: The switching of camps is allowed until 7 days prior to the start date of the originally registered camp. Switches are based on availability. Please call 307.734.3707.
No, registrations for camps are non-transferable.
To be added to a waitlist when a class is full, click on the “Add to Waitlist” button for the camp that interests you and add your name. If a space becomes available, you will receive an email or phone call from the Registration team. Let the Registrar office know within 24 hours what you decide.
At any time after adding your child to a waitlist, you will be able to see where they are on the list by logging in to your account and navigating to “My Activities.” Under the title of the waitlisted camp, it will say “You are #X on the waitlist for this class.” This number will be updated if your child moves up on the waitlist.
Preschool: Teton Science Schools adheres to state laws that limit the class size for preschool aged children based on the number of instructors.
Science camps for children entering Grades 1-6: Capacity is based on vehicle passenger limitations. The vehicles we use are 15 passenger vans or mini-school buses accommodating 2 instructors and 13 children.
Middle School and High School programs are based on backcountry permits and vehicle usage.
- Summer Camp Information
As much as we understand that relatives or friends would like to be in the same camp, TSS wants to ensure that your child functions academically and socially at the age-range designed for the camp. We do not allow you to register a child for a camp if the child is outside of that camp’s designated age range/grade level. Please note age requirements may be specifically listed for preschool camps.
Yes, however there is no discount in pricing for the missed days.
The overnight camping experience is one of the unique features of these camps and is repeatedly hailed as the best part of the camp! Unfortunately, we cannot make special travel arrangements or accommodations for kids who do not want to attend the overnight portion. If they cannot attend the overnight, they will not be able to attend departure day for the camping trip. They are welcome to join the group at Friday’s 4:00 PM celebration.
There would not be a refund for the missed camp. You are welcome to register your child for subsequent camps based on availability.
No. All Teton Science Schools’ camps are open to the general public.
The roster for any particular camp is kept confidential for security purposes prior to the start of camp. Please contact the parent of your child’s friend directly.
All instructors are usually 21 years of age or older and have training in Wilderness First Aid, have passed all background checks, and have vehicle training specific to our fleet of vehicles.
The times of the camp, where to meet, etc are included in the receipt that was generated and emailed at the time of registration. There is also a link on the email confirmation that will take you to the information sheet (travel info, how to prepare) and packing list (what to bring) for your camps.
Camps are designed for children only. Additionally, the daily schedule for any day camp is purposely kept somewhat time flexible, so that instructor can change plans based on variations in weather, adapt quickly to the needs of the group, spend time at an unexpected wildlife viewing, or take advantage of any teachable opportunities that may surface. This built-in flexibility makes meeting up logistically difficult. If your child cannot attend a portion of the day for some reason, we ask that they do not come to camp that day.
Parents will receive a schedule on the first day of camp. The schedule is flexible and might change due to scheduling conflicts and/or weather limitations.
Day camps are weekday programs where kids are dropped off in the morning and picked up in the afternoon. A few of the “day” camps for 5th-6th grades include a one- or two-night camping trip during the week. By contrast, students enrolled in overnight camps are with TSS for meals and lodging for the entire date range of the camps. These camps are for 7th-12th grades only and range in length from ten days to four weeks.
We are not equipped to adequately provide supervision, lodging or meals prior to or after an overnight camp.
Jackson Hole Science Expeditions (Gr. 11-12) and Grand Teton Pathfinders (Gr. 9-12) qualifies for 0.5 Carnegie Units of High School credit (80 hours) from Teton Science Schools Journeys School. The grading system is Satisfactory (S): Student has completed all course requirements for class or Unsatisfactory (U): Student has not completed all course requirements for class so no credit earned.
To receive High School Credit:
1. Fill out this form completely in advance of course. The form is necessary in advance to receive High School credit.
2. Upon Satisfactory completion of your course, TSS will send a transcript to the school noted on the form.
3. After course completion, discuss with your school administrators if you can have these credits transferred and how they may be applied at your school.
To review our summer camp policies, please click here.
We understand that children ages 2-6 develop at different rates, in different capacities. We offer a range of early childhood programs to offer something for children at all stages. We also believe you know your child best and will select the best camp(s) for them to thrive. If you would like to discuss your child’s readiness for any given camp, please contact Erin Solomon at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please also review our Summer Policies for more information about developmental readiness.
- Travel Information
Information specific to each program’s arrival/departure details is provided on each program’s information sheet (linked below).
In your confirmation email, you will receive a link to the travel form which we ask for you to complete and submit once travel is secured. You will be able to pay your shuttle fees there if applicable. Please have a PDF version of your child’s flight itinerary and unaccompanied minor fee receipt to upload to the form as well as any contact information for people picking up your child at the end of the program.
- Each overnight program has arrival and departure travel windows in order to streamline arrival and departure days. We provide complimentary shuttles for flights landing and departing during those windows. Flights that take off or land outside of the window will incur an additional $50 shuttle fee.
- For liability reasons, we cannot allow participants to arrive outside of the travel window on arrival day and wait at the airport for us, or be dropped off early on departure day to wait for a flight past the end of the travel window. Additionally, if your child is flying as an unaccompanied minor, airlines require our staff to be present when the plane lands or takes off.
- We incur extra staffing and vehicle costs when making trips outside of our travel windows, which is why we ask for the extra shuttle fee. We choose not to include this cost in our overall program tuition in order to keep the cost down for the majority of participants. Thanks for your understanding.
- If you are planning to have your minor child fly by themselves to Jackson, you may be charged an additional fee by the airline when you book your ticket, usually around $150 each way, but fees can vary. Whether you are charged this fee depends on the airline and your comfort level with your child traveling alone. For a fee, all airlines will provide the service for any minor regardless of age if you request it, but it is mandatory for certain ages depending on the airline. Additionally, some airlines have placed restrictions on the type of flight for which they will allow unaccompanied minors (ie. can’t be on a connecting flight or the last flight of the day). Please call the airline if you are unsure of their requirements or fees.
- Unaccompanied minor service is mandatory for:
- Delta, American Airlines, US Airways: 14 years old or younger.
- United: 15 years old or younger.
- Unaccompanied minor service is mandatory for: