Private Yellowstone Snowcoach Tour
Dec 15 - Jan 25
Once in a lifetime chance to experience the solitude and serenity of Yellowstone National Park during winter. Witness Old Faithful and other geothermal features in a dramatic winter landscape with an interpretive guide.
$1950Up to 3 guests
An educational day in Yellowstone National Park
Yellowstone National Park transforms into a winter wonderland once the snow arrives and provides a pristine landscape for exploration and education. This tour offers a rare opportunity to experience America’s first national park without crowds or cars. Visit some of Yellowstone’s most iconic thermal features with expert guides who love to share their knowledge and passion of the Greater Yellowstone Ecosystem.
- At sunrise, depart Jackson and drive to Flagg Ranch (just south of Yellowstone) taking in majestic Teton views while sipping a hot beverage.
- Following a light breakfast, group transfers from a wheeled vehicle to the magnificent Mercedes-Benz snowcoach, an amazingly comfortable ride with optimal viewing.
- Travel over snow-covered roads to visit Old Faithful, Upper Geyser Basin and West Thumb Geyser Basin.
- Opportunities for winter wildlife viewing with guides who know the best spots and have a true passion and understanding of the unique local ecosystems
- High quality spotting scopes and binoculars available for enhanced wildlife observation
- Yaktrax traction devices and walking poles
- Complimentary coffee, tea, cocoa, variety of soft drinks and snacks
- Picnic lunch around midday
- Souvenir water bottle
- Complimentary pick-up at your home or hotel
*National Park entrance fees and gratuity not included
Wildlife Expeditions custom-built snowcoaches are the perfect vehicle for winter travel. These state-of-the-art over-snow vehicles combine the safety of snowcat tracks with the comfort of Mercedes-Benz interiors. All snowcoaches are also equipped with rooftop hatches for wildlife viewing.
Before You Go
Layering is key! Throughout the day, expect continual temperature changes and unpredictable weather. We recommend snow jackets, baselayers, warm boots, hats, and gloves to keep you comfortable.
Guides can tailor the tour to your interests and needs to maximize your experience. Just ask!
Wildlife Expeditions is committed to providing our guests the most flexibility due to these uncertain times. For the Winter 2020/21 season, we will provide a 100% refund for cancellations seven days prior to trip date. Within seven days, guests can choose a full tour credit or receive 50% refund.
Wildlife Expeditions prioritizes the health and wellbeing of our guests and staff. Our team implemented a number of new COVID-19 protocols during the summer season which we will continue to practice this winter. Review our COVID-19 protocols here.
Fill Out Your Forms
Please bring completed forms the day of your tour.Download Form
Complimentary pick-up/drop-off from your home or hotel.
Other Winter Trips
Grand Teton Wildlife Tour
Apr 30 to Mar 31
Full-day interpretive tour designed for wildlife aficionados. Greatest opportunity to observe and learn about elk, moose, and bighorn sheep coyotes, birds of prey, and possibly wolves in Grand Teton National Park, National Elk Refuge, and surrounding National Forest lands.
Grand Teton Wildlife Sunrise Tour
Apr 30 to Mar 31
Half-day interpretative tour designed for wildlife viewing. Opportunity to observe and learn about elk, moose, bighorn sheep, birds of prey, and possibly wolves in Grand Teton National Park, National Elk Refuge, and surrounding National Forest lands. Perfect for early risers – Sunrise Tour starts at 8 am.
Grand Teton Wildlife Sunset Tour
Apr 30 to Mar 31
Half-day interpretative tour designed for wildlife viewing. Opportunity to observe and learn about elk, moose, bighorn sheep, birds of prey, and possibly wolves in Grand Teton National Park, National Elk Refuge, and surrounding National Forest lands. Perfect aprés ski activity – Sunset Tour starts at 1 am.