Fall Elk Bugling, Wolves & Bears Expedition
In the fall, bears are stocking up on food for their long winter naps. Wolves are hunting in the Lamar and Hayden Valleys due to the large concentration of elk. Elk bugling is at its peak as large bull elk round up and guard their harems. Our trained biologists lead participants to the best sites for viewing these creatures. Along the way we enjoy the magnificent autumn colors of Yellowstone. The three-day trip may also include stops at iconic Old Faithful, the colorful Grand Canyon of the Yellowstone and the terraces of Mammoth Hot Springs.
Fall 2018 Dates:
September 6- 8, 2018
September 13-15, 2018
September 20-22, 2018
September 27-29, 2018
October 4-6, 2018
October 6-8, 2018
- An extremely passionate and knowledgeable naturalist with a trained eye for spotting wildlife
- A pair of binoculars for each participant and high quality spotting scopes to view wildlife without disturbing their natural behavior
- Our comfortable, customized, safari-style vehicles with roof hatches that allow for easy wildlife observation no matter your seat
- Hands-on use of professional field guidebooks, antlers, horns, skins and skulls. Kid's guidebooks also available
- Complimentary coffee, tea, cocoa, various soft drinks and snacks to keep you focused on the wildlife. Lunch is included on all full day expeditions. A picnic style lunch June through September, and a restaurant style lunch October through May.
- All lodging, meals, National Park Entrance fees and additional services described in itinerary
- A souvenir water bottle
- A complimentary pick-up at your hotel located in the town of Jackson or Teton Village or at the Home Ranch Parking lot (corner of N. Cache and E. Gill) near the town square in Jackson, WY. PLEASE NOTE: Pickup is not available for lodging arrangements in Grand Teton National Park, Yellowstone National Park or other points north of Jackson unless you are booking privately. If you are staying in one of those locations and wish to join a group expedition, your pick-up location will be the Home Ranch Parking Lot in Jackson. If you wish to book a private expedition with a pick-up north of Jackson, a pick-up fee will apply.
Cost: $1,450 per person, Single Supplement Fee: $125
Early Bird Discount: If you book more than 90 days in advance, you will receive a 10 percent discount on the expedition. Call for pricing.
*Gratuity not included