Leaving a planned gift to Teton Science Schools enables you to leave a legacy while creating a lasting impact for future generations. With a variety of structures available, planned gifts can provide income to you and your family while offering tax advantages and flexibility should your circumstances change. Gifts can be tailored to your needs by taking into account your age, the amount you would like to give and your assets. Below are some of the many planned giving options. We are happy to work with you and your professional advisory team to help you determine the type of gift that best suits your financial plans, just email email@example.com or call 307.732.7753.
- Bequests: Direct a dollar amount, percentage, specific assets or a residuary amount of your estate to TSS in your will. This gift will be realized after your lifetime, can be accomplished simply and removes assets from your estate so they are not subject to estate taxes.
- Life Insurance : Name TSS as the owner of a life insurance policy at any point in your life. Gifting life insurance can allow you to make a substantial gift without removing assets from your estate that you may wish to leave to family. Alternatively, naming TSS as the beneficiary of a life insurance policy is a simple way to make a gift now without affecting your current income.
- Retirement Account: Name TSS as a beneficiary of all or a portion of your tax-deferred retirement plan (IRA or 401K). This gift will be realized after your lifetime and can be structured to make TSS a secondary or remainder beneficiary without affecting income to you or your current beneficiaries. This type of gift could offer your estate significant tax benefits.
- Charitable Remainder Trust: Transfer assets into a charitable remainder trust. The donated assets will be removed from your estate, you or a designated beneficiary will receive income from the trust and the remainder, after your lifetime or a period of years, will go to TSS. A charitable remainder trust could provide tax benefits for your estate.
- Charitable Lead Trust: Putting your assets into a charitable lead trust will enable you to make immediate payments to TSS , then leave the remainder of the trust to a designated beneficiary. The donated assets used to create the trust will be removed from your taxable estate.
To learn more about making a planned gift to TSS, please reach Hannah Mook by emailing Hannah.firstname.lastname@example.org or calling 307.732.7753.