Your gift to the Teton Science Schools’ Annual Fund supports the people, programs and places that make transformative place-based education possible. It supports students who become curious about the world around them and educators who leave TSS inspired to use the community as a classroom. It supports teachers and graduate students who become leaders in their fields. It supports historic buildings, learning facilities and outdoor classrooms that promote transformative education. It supports innovative educational programs and research that reach beyond the Tetons, into Wyoming, the United States, and the world.
Support Transformative Place-Based Education
The Murie Ranch Annual Fund
Mardy and Olaus were committed citizens who followed their passions and made a significant impact in the world of conservation. The Murie Ranch continues to share this important message with each of the nearly 4,000 visitors who came to the ranch this year. A gift to the Murie Ranch ensures that this legacy lives on and supports staff, faculty, docents and volunteers, restoration work on the ranch, and programs that share the teachings of the Muries.
Journeys School Annual Fund
Along with tuition and endowment income, the Journeys School Annual Fund is a fundamental component of facilitating place-based education at Journeys School. The 5 Week Annual Fund campaign condenses Journeys School fundraising into a five-week timeframe each fall. This fund supports the people, program and place that make Journeys School unique. For the past three years, 100 percent of student families have participated in the Journeys School Annual Fund and for the past four years, 100 percent of faculty have participated. This is a true testament to our community’s deep loyalty, belief and investment in the innovative education we provide your children.
TVCS Annual Fund
Your gifts to the annual fund support the people, program and place that make TVCS unique. At TVCS, our fundraising philosophy is grounded in the same trust-based values as our educational approach. In this spirit, we concentrate our annual fundraising into the one-week Power of One campaign. Philanthropy at all levels is an important part of our culture. For the past five years, 100 percent of student families and faculty have contributed to our annual fund campaign. This is evidence of our community’s deep loyalty, belief and investment in the innovative education we provide.
Summer Program Students Who Received Scholarship Money in 2018
Number of States Represented by TSS Students
Of Students with Scholarship at our Independent Schools
Ways to Support TSS
- Make a gift online
- Send a check payable to Teton Science Schools to: Teton Science Schools 700 Coyote Canyon Rd Jackson, WY 83001
- Stock or Securities. The following information will enable your broker to facilitate an electronic stock transfer. Download Stock Transfer Protocol
- Planned Gift
Call the Teton Science Schools’ Development Office anytime at 307-732-7765.
Join the 1967 Legacy Society with a Planned Gift
Leaving a planned gift to Teton Science Schools enables you to leave a legacy while creating a lasting impact for future generations. With a variety of structures available, planned gifts can provide income to you and your family while offering tax advantages and flexibility should your circumstances change. Gifts can be tailored to your needs by taking into account your age, the amount you would like to give and your assets. Below are some of the many planned giving options. We are happy to work with you and your professional advisory team to help you determine the type of gift that best suits your financial plans, just email email@example.com or call 307.732.7753.
- Bequests: Direct a dollar amount, percentage, specific assets or a residuary amount of your estate to TSS in your will. This gift will be realized after your lifetime, can be accomplished simply and removes assets from your estate so they are not subject to estate taxes.
- Life Insurance : Name TSS as the owner of a life insurance policy at any point in your life. Gifting life insurance can allow you to make a substantial gift without removing assets from your estate that you may wish to leave to family. Alternatively, naming TSS as the beneficiary of a life insurance policy is a simple way to make a gift now without affecting your current income.
- Retirement Account: Name TSS as a beneficiary of all or a portion of your tax-deferred retirement plan (IRA or 401K). This gift will be realized after your lifetime and can be structured to make TSS a secondary or remainder beneficiary without affecting income to you or your current beneficiaries. This type of gift could offer your estate significant tax benefits.
- Charitable Remainder Trust: Transfer assets into a charitable remainder trust. The donated assets will be removed from your estate, you or a designated beneficiary will receive income from the trust and the remainder, after your lifetime or a period of years, will go to TSS. A charitable remainder trust could provide tax benefits for your estate.
- Charitable Lead Trust: Putting your assets into a charitable lead trust will enable you to make immediate payments to TSS , then leave the remainder of the trust to a designated beneficiary. The donated assets used to create the trust will be removed from your taxable estate.