Private Winter Wildlife, Art & Sleigh Tour
For Wildlife and Art Lovers Alike
Dec 15 - Mar 31
Wildlife Viewing & Sightseeing
The Wildlife, Art & Sleigh Tour combines the best of winter wildlife activities in Jackson Hole. View wildlife in a natural setting, take in wildlife inspired art and experience a wildlife refuge up close.
$1250Up to 4 guests
Be Inspired by Wyoming's Wildlife
A perfect outing for a group with diverse interests, the Wildlife, Art & Sleigh Tour will feed the souls of the adventurous and cultural. Your expert, local guide will take you through Grand Teton National Park with an eye on wildlife viewing during the morning hours when wildlife are most active. Next, step inside the award-winning and beautifully designed National Museum of Wildlife Art showcasing over 5,000 artworks representing wild animals from around the world. The day’s finale includes a century-long tradition, an open air, horse-drawn sleigh ride through the National Elk Refuge with its 20,000 acres and winter population of elk between 7,000 and 10,000.
- Start the day exploring Grand Teton National Park and Bridger-Teton National Forest. Take in the majestic snow-capped Tetons at sunrise as we search for wildlife.
- Our knowledgeable guides will bring you to the best locations for viewing elk, deer, moose, bighorn sheep, bison, coyotes, trumpeter swans and other wildlife in the region.
- Mid-day, venture to the National Museum of Wildlife Art featuring work by prominent artists such as Georgia O’Keeffe, Andy Warhol, Robert Kuhn, John James Audubon, Carl Rungius, and more.
- Guests will have ample time to tour the Museum’s galleries of fine paintings, sculptures and photography devoted to North American wildlife.
- The tour finishes with a horse-drawn sleigh ride through the 20,000 acre National Elk Refuge, where up to 10,000 elk spend their winters.
- Admission to National Museum of Wildlife Art
- Horse-drawn sleigh ride at the National Elk Refuge
- High quality spotting scopes and binoculars available for enhanced wildlife observation
- Complimentary coffee, tea, cocoa, variety of soft drinks and snacks
- Lunch provided midday
- Souvenir water bottle
- Complimentary pick-up at your home or hotel
* National Park pass and gratuity not included
Our Tour Vans
Enjoy the comfort of customized Mercedes-Benz Sprinter vans on your wildlife viewing tour. All vans are equipped with rooftop hatches for wildlife viewing.
Before You Go
Layering is key! Throughout the day, expect continual temperature changes and unpredictable weather. We recommend snow jackets, baselayers, warm boots, hats, and gloves to keep you comfortable.
Guides can tailor the tour to your interests and needs to maximize your experience. Just ask!
Fill Out Your Forms
Please bring completed forms the day of your tour.Download Forms
Wildlife Expeditions prioritizes the health and wellbeing of our guests and staff. Our team implemented a number of new COVID-19 protocols during the summer season which we will continue to practice this winter. Review our COVID-19 protocols here.
Wildlife Expeditions is committed to providing our guests the most flexibility due to these uncertain times. We will provide a 100% refund for cancellations more than seven days prior to tour start date. Within seven days, guests can choose a full tour credit valid for up to one year or receive a 50% refund.
Complimentary pick-up/drop-off from your home or hotel.
Other Winter Trips
Private Grand Teton Winter Sunrise Tour
Dec 15 - Mar 31
Half-day interpretative tour designed for wildlife viewing. Opportunity to observe and learn about elk, moose, bighorn sheep, birds of prey, and possibly wolves in Grand Teton National Park, National Elk Refuge, and surrounding National Forest lands. Perfect for early risers – Sunrise Tour starts at 7:30 am.
Private Yellowstone Snow Coach Tour
Dec 15 - Mar 13
Once in a lifetime chance to experience the solitude and serenity of Yellowstone National Park during winter. Witness Old Faithful and other geothermal features in a dramatic winter landscape with an interpretive guide.