Be Inspired by Wyoming’s WildlifeThe Wildlife, Art & Sleigh Tour combines the best of winter wildlife activities in Jackson Hole. View wildlife in a natural setting, take in wildlife inspired art and experience a wildlife refuge up close. A perfect outing for a group with diverse interests, the Wildlife, Art & Sleigh Tour will feed the souls of the adventurous and cultural. Your expert, local guide will take you through Grand Teton National Park with an eye on wildlife viewing during the morning hours when wildlife are most active. Next, step inside the award-winning and beautifully designed National Museum of Wildlife Art showcasing over 5,000 artworks representing wild animals from around the world. The day’s finale includes a century-long tradition, an open air, horse-drawn sleigh ride through the National Elk Refuge with its 20,000 acres and winter population of elk between 7,000 and 10,000.
- Start the day exploring Grand Teton National Park and Bridger-Teton National Forest. Take in the majestic snow-capped Tetons at sunrise as we search for wildlife.
- Our knowledgeable guides will bring you to the best locations for viewing elk, deer, moose, bighorn sheep, bison, coyotes, trumpeter swans and other wildlife in the region.
- Mid-day, venture to the National Museum of Wildlife Art featuring work by prominent artists such as Georgia O’Keeffe, Andy Warhol, Robert Kuhn, John James Audubon, Carl Rungius, and more.
- Guests will have ample time to tour the Museum’s galleries of fine paintings, sculptures and photography devoted to North American wildlife.
- The tour finishes with a horse-drawn sleigh ride through the 20,000 acre National Elk Refuge, where up to 10,000 elk spend their winters.
- Admission to National Museum of Wildlife Art
- Horse-drawn sleigh ride at the National Elk Refuge
- High quality spotting scopes and binoculars available for enhanced wildlife observation
- Complimentary coffee, tea, cocoa, variety of soft drinks and snacks
- Lunch provided midday
- Souvenir water bottle
- Complimentary pick-up at your home or hotel
* National Park pass and gratuity not included
Additional Tour Information
Enjoy the comfort of customized Mercedes-Benz Sprinter vans on your wildlife viewing tour. All vans are equipped with rooftop hatches for wildlife viewing.
Layering is key! Throughout the day, expect continual temperature changes and unpredictable weather. We recommend snow jackets, baselayers, warm boots, hats, and gloves to keep you comfortable.
Guides can tailor the tour to your interests and needs to maximize your experience. Just ask!
Complimentary pick-up/drop-off from your home or hotel.
Wildlife Expeditions is committed to providing our guests the most flexibility due to these uncertain times. We will provide a 100% refund for cancellations seven days prior to trip start date. Within seven days, guests can choose a full tour credit valid for up to one year or receive a 50% refund.
Wildlife Expeditions prioritizes the health and wellbeing of our guests and staff. This will be our third season with proven and effective COVID-19 practices. Review our COVID-19 protocols here.